- Only one pet per applicant.
- All pets must be at least one year old.
- Dogs must have passed the AKC Canine Good Citizen test.
- Dogs must have current inoculations for:
- Rabies, Distemper, CAV-2-Adenovirus, Bordetella, Parainfluenza, Parvo Virus, and Parasite Control (for heartworm, fleas and ticks)
- Cats must have current inoculations for:
- Rabies, Panleukopenia, Rhinotrachetis, Calici Virus, and Parasite Control (for heartworm, fleas and ticks)
- Also, if applicable: Leukemia and Chlamydia
- All pets must have a yearly physical, fecal check, and heartworm test. Year-round heartworm preventative and flea control medication is also required.
- Temperament: People Pleasing Personality
- Socialized: Secure in new places, gets along well with other pets
- Obedient: Obeys owner and under control at all times
- Excellent Health: Annual physical exams and all required inoculations must be kept current.
- Squeaky Clean: Including ears, eyes, breath, toenails trimmed smooth
Applicant will not be permitted to attend class if pet is dirty!
- Dogs must be controllable without choke chain / pinch collar and on leash at all times. Use short 3-4 ft leash, no Flexi-lead.
- Cats must be harness trained and on leash at all times. Also must be well adapted to carrier and auto travel.
All pets must meet the following standards: